CAMP GEN. ALEJO SANTOS, Bulacan – The persons of interest in the gruesome murder of a family of five in San Jose del Monte City last month are falling like dominoes—ending up dead one after the other.
Police on Saturday reported that the third “person of interest” implicated and being investigated in connection with the killing of three children, their mother and grandmother last June 27 in Northridge Royal Subd., Bgy. Sto. Cristo, San Jose del Monte City, was also found dead and considered another victim of “death under investigation” (DUI) and suspected to be executed by “vigilantes” or hitmen of a drug gang in Barangay Pacalag in San Miguel, Bulacan on Saturday morning.
Bulacan Police provincial director Sr. Supt. Romeo Caramat Jr. identified the victim thru an ID found in the victim’s wallet as Anthony Garcia Rose, one of the identified persons of interest by the police related in the Bulacan massacre which occurred on June 27, wherein Dexter Carlos Sr. found his mother-in-law Auring Dizon, wife Estrella and his three children drenched in their own blood with multiple stab wounds.
Initial investigation showed that a phone call was received by San Miguel Police Station reporting that a lifeless body of a male person was allegedly dumped by unidentified suspect/s along the shoulder of a road in Barangay Pacalag.
Police probers said Rose sustained gunshot wounds in the head and chest, his head was wrapped by a masking tape with a placard attached with the words “Addict at Rapist ako Huwag Tularan”, the same tag attached in the body of Rolando Pacinos, alias “Inggo” who was first executed by perpetrators believed to be members of a vigilante group. His four fingers and private organ were cut and sustained several stab wounds when found under a tree along the road in Barangay Sto Cristo last July 3.
The following morning, on the same day that victims were being laid to their final resting place, another person of interest identified as Rosevelt Sorema, alias “Ponga” was shot dead inside his house also in Barangay Sto Cristo.
Supt. Fitz Macariola, San Jose Del Monte Police chief said that on Friday night (July 7) around 10 p.m., a certain Juliet Villar, 44, reported to his office that her nephew Anthony Garcia Rose was abducted at dawn of same day around 1:30 a.m. in their house in #22, Barangay Badias, San Miguel, Bulacan.
Venigna Garcia, 65, mother of Anthony said that while they were sleeping, a group of armed men wearing bonnets barged into their house looking for Anthony and when the suspects found their target, he was beaten and carried out and dragged inside an unknown type of vehicle.
Macariola said that Anthony was last seen on Wednesday roaming in San Jose Del Monte City during the day the massacre victims were being laid to rest. It was learned that he went home in San Miguel, Bulacan after learning that his two co-persons of interest were already executed.
Caramat said that the Bulacan Police is investigating the series of killings connected to the massacre.
Police are also digging deep into the possible connection of the suspects to a drug syndicate.
“Maaaring sila sila na rin ang nagpapatayan”, a police investigator said.
Caramat said that Alvin Mabesa is the only one left in the list of persons of interest. He was also reported missing since Friday of last week.
Macariola called on the family of remaining POIs to coordinate with them for the whereabouts of Alvin Mabesa for his protection and they are open and willing if they want to place him under police custody for his safety. –Emil G. Gamos