AC gov’t holds recycled Christmas decor contest

 8 

ANGELES CITY — To share a glimpse of hope amid the pandemic, the city government here under the leadership of Mayor Carmelo “Pogi” Lazatin, Jr. will have an inter-department Christmas decoration contest among its offices, using recyclable materials.

Guidelines were set for the said contest, Mayor Lazatin said.

This is the third time that the Lazatin administration is holding an inter-office Christmas decoration contest among employees, to promote unity and hope this Christmas.

“This is also part of our priority programs to urge Angeleño households to reduce, reuse, and recycle,” Lazatin said.

Executive Assistant IV Reina Manuel meanwhile explained that 90% of the recyclable materials to be used for the Christmas tree, decorations, and ornaments must be made of used plastic spoons and forks, while the remaining 10% must be made of other recycled materials.

“Store-bought and new materials are strictly prohibited. All decorations should have a Christmas tree. Paint and other coloring materials may be used to enhance the decors,” the guidelines stated.

The office who will win first place will receive ₱60,000; 2nd place (₱40,000); 3rd place (₱25,000); and ₱10,000 as consolation prizes for non-winning offices. The awarding will be on December 9, 2021 at the Office of the City Mayor.

Only one entry per office, except for satellite offices such as Social Hygiene Office — City Health Office; Bahay Pag-Asa — City Social Welfare and Development Office; and Blood Bank — Mayor’s Office.

The said guidelines also state that the deadline for submission of entry form is on October 21, 2021 at 4:30 PM, at the Angeles City Economic Development and Investment Promotions Office.

“Incomplete or illegible entry forms will not be accepted,” it furthered.

Moreover, ACEDIPO Head Irish Bonus-Llego said that Christmas lights and other electrical devices may be added to enhance the visual effect of the decorations. However, all must be completely set-up on November 25, 2021.

According to her, the photo documentation for the whole set-up must also be posted online during the contest duration, with time and date stamped.

“The official Facebook pages of the City Information Office and ACEDIPO must be tagged for pre-judging and monitoring,” she said.

The schedule for the final assessment/judging for the inter-department Christmas Décor will be done through an actual site visit and interview on December 2, 2021, with the following criteria — Creativity or Originality (40%); Use of Recycled Materials (40%); and Over-all Appearance (20%).

Bonus-Llego also mentioned that judges may conduct a final screening through table assessment and deliberation via the photo documentation uploaded online by each department or office and the photos during the actual site visit.

“A live broadcast of the table judging will be conducted through zoom or Facebook live for transparency purposes, whichever is feasible and accessible,” the set guidelines furthered.