Charges readied vs demolition team for shooting residents

Angeles City Mayor Carmelo “Pogi” Lazatin Jr. said the Angeles LGU will press charges against the heavily armed men who attacked hapless unarmed civilians in the surprise demolition at Sitio Balubad, Barangay Anunas, on Tuesday morning.


The demolition – the most violent so far since February this year – left five injured including an old woman who was shot in the chest. Two of the five are reportedly in critical condition and were rushed to the Jose B. Lingad Hospital in the City of San Fernando.


Mayor Lazatin has strongly condemned in strongest terms the shooting of residents at Sitio Balubad saying he will leave no stones unturned to bring the perpetrators to justice
The five injured were identified as Gregorio Navarette, 47; Anna Marie Alper, 57, both residents of Purok 2, Barangay Anunas, Angeles City; John Singian, 22, and Alvin Nobicio, 32, of Purok 1 in Barangay Anunas, Angeles City; and Melvin de la Cruz, 36, of Barangay Margot, Angeles City.


On February 8, 2024, a similar surprise demolition proceedings had resulted to a heated confrontation between the Clarkhills demolition team assisted by the police and the indignant residents. The violent confrontation had been played out for several times.


After the series of surprise demolitions, the Angeles LGU said it will proceed with the expropriation of the contested land to bring peace in the area, which is adjacent to the bustling Korean Town and the Clark Freeport Zone.


A mapping conducted by the Angeles LGU had indicated that there were 535 households and around 2,000 families at Sitio Balubad, Barangay Anunas.


Clarkhills had claimed ownership of the contested land after the Certificate of Land Ownership Awards (CLOAs) of residents had been cancelled.

‘PARAFFIN TEST’

Meanwhile, the Angeles City Police Office (ACPO) said its personnel who were assigned at Sitio Balubad “will undergo paraffin test while their firearms will be subjected to ballistic examination.”


In a statement, ACPO said “the situation is being thoroughly assessed to understand the circumstances that led to these injuries. We are committed to cooperating with relevant authorities and conducting a transparent investigation into the matter.


“Our priority remains ensuring the safety and welfare of the community. We are actively working to address the aftermath of the incident and provide support to those affected. Additionally, measures are being taken to prevent such incidents from occurring in the future.”


ACPO also reported that two individuals identified as Halid Isdali, 37, and Jomar Abdul, 30, both of Barangay Asmic, Angeles City, were arrested for illegal possession of firearms during Tuesday’s demolition and were now facing charges for frustrated homicide and violation of RA 10591.
ACPO added it is open to dialogue with all stakeholders to find constructive solutions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
https://m.youtube.com/c/iorbitnews