Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Secretary Manuel M. Bonoan said Typhoon “Egay” has left P6.94-billion damage to roads, bridges and flood-control structures.
Bonoan said damage to roads was out at P1.17 Billion, P162.6 Million on bridges, and P5.60 Billion on flood-control structures.
Bonoan added the DPWH Quick Response Teams had already cleared and reopened a total of 44 roadways which is composed of 22 roadways in Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR), 16 in Region 1, three in Region 2, and one each in Regions 3, 4B and 6.
DPWH teams are still clearing 17 closed roads in CAR, Regions 1, 3, and 6, which include:
Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)
1) Abra-Ilocos Norte Road (intermittent sections) due to soil collapse and fallen trees;
2) Abra-Kalinga Road (intermittent sections) due to soil collapse and fallen trees;
1) Apayao-Ilocos Norte Road, intermittent sections in Dibagat, Kabugao due to soil collapse;
2) Claveria-Calanasan-Kabugao Road, intermittent sections in Naguilian, Ferdinand, and Namaltugan, and Ninoy, Calanasan due to soil collapse; including Sugoc Bridge in Ninoy due to washed out bridge approach;
3) Apayao – Ilocos Norte Road, intermittent sections in Namaltugan, Butao, and Tubungan, in Calanasan due to soil collapse;
1) Kalinga – Abra Road, intermittent sections in Balbalasang, Balbalan due to fallen trees, soil collapse, and road cut;
1) Baguio – Bontoc Road, Mt. Data section in Bauko to ensure safety of the public;
2) Dantay – Sagada Road, K0390+900 due to collapsed pavement;
1) Vigan-Sta. Catalina Road, Pantay-Daya Bridge due to scoured bridge abutment;
2) Quirino-Pandan Road, Quirino-Pandan Bridge due to scoured bridge abutment;
3) Vigan-San Vicente Road, Roxas Bridge due to scoured bridge abutment;
1) Apalit-Macabebe-Masantol Road, intermittent sections in Brgy San Gabriel, Macabebe, Pampanga due to flooding;
2) Candaba – San Miguel Road in Brgy. Paralaya, Candaba due to flooding;
3) Baliwag – Candaba – Sta Ana Road in Brgy. San Agustin, Candaba due to flooding;
4) Bahay Pare – San Luis – Sto. Domingo Road, sections in Brgy. Sta. Monica, San Luis due to flooding;
1) Olangapo-Bugallon Road, Yamot Bridge, Detour, Yamot, Candelaria due to High water elevation; and
1) Iloilo-Antique Road in Brgy. Quianan, San Joaquin due to landslide.