Ex city administrator confirms plunder case vs Boking et al

Former Mabalacat City Administrator Emmanuel Ignacio confirmed during his interview in the radio program “Brigada” 92.7FM last month that a plunder case had been filed against former mayor Marino “Boking” Morales and 15 others.

The case was filed on January 19, 2019 before the Ombudsman by two officers of the Mabalacat City Traffic Enforcement Group (MCTEG). 

Ignacio said they lodged the plunder case before the Ombudsman although the then Sangguniang Bayan led by former Vice Mayor Christian Halili did not give them authority to file the case. “Despite po na hindi kami nakakuha ng authority (sa SB), nagfile po kami ng plunder case sa Ombudsman last January 19, 2019.”

Ignacio said the case filed on January 19, 2019 was entitled “SANTOS, YOUNG VS MARINO MORALES et al.”

“Talagang ginawa po ng DPWH, so talagang ghost (project) talaga,” said Ignacio.        

Ignacio added that there were other “ghost projects” in 2017 whose payments had been stopped.