1,000 SPES beneficiaries get P7.6M cash incentive

Some 1,000 beneficiaries of the Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) received P7,690 each at the Bren Z. Guiao Convention Center recently.

Vice Governor Dennis “Delta” Pineda together with provincial Department of Labor and Employment (DoLE) Chief Arlene Tolentino and Provincial Employment and Services Office (PESO) Officer Luningning Vergara led the distribution.

According to Vergara, 60% of the cash incentives came from the provincial government while the remaining 40% counterpart is from DOLE.
SPES is a joint-employment program of the provincial government and DOLE in helping the disadvantaged but deserving students in completing their education through employment during semestral break or summer vacation.

Viah Aireen De Guzman, 17, who is among the 2nd batch of SPES beneficiaries, was assigned in PESO for 20 working days.

Guzman expressed her gratitude to Governor Lilia “Nanay” Pineda and to the vice governor for the support and encouragement to the youth in pursuing their dreams.

During the event, the Vice Governor also revealed the estimated budget amounting to P82 million intended for SPES next year.
The SPES program of the provincial government has been helping the disadvantaged youth from the different districts of the province to earn income while studying.

Provincial Administrator Atty. Andres S. Pangilinan Jr., 1st District Board Members Cherry Manalo and Banjamin “Benny” Jocson, 2nd District Board Members Jun Dimzon and Anthony “Tonton” Torres, 3rd District Board Member Ananias “Jun” Canlas, 4th District Board Members Nelson Calara and Paul Balingit and the Provincial Treasurer’s Office (PTO) headed by Susan Luna attended the SPES benefit distribution.

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com