2 American sex convicts intercepted in Clark, NAIA

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) said it recently barred two more Americans, previously convicted of sex crimes in the US, from entering the country.

In a statement, Immigration Commissioner Norman Tansingco said one of the passengers was intercepted at the Clark International Airport (CIA) in Angeles City last Feb. 21 and the other one was denied entry at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) in Pasay City last Feb. 26.

They were identified as Peter Joseph Cahill, 60, who arrived at CIA aboard an Eva Air flight from Taipei, and Ryan Lindley, 30, who disembarked at the NAIA 3 terminal via a United Airlines flight from Guam.

Tansingco said both Americans were immediately excluded and boarded on the next available flight to their origin.

“They were also banned from entering the Philippines as a consequence of their inclusion in our immigration blacklist of undesirable aliens,” he added.

He explained that being registered sex offenders (RSO) convicted of crimes involving moral turpitude, Cahill and Lindley are excludable aliens whose entry is forbidden under the Philippine immigration act.

According to the BI’s border control and intelligence unit (BCIU), a US court convicted Cahill in 2015 for the crime of possessing and controlling obscene material depicting a minor in sexual conduct.

On the other hand, the BCIU disclosed that Lindley was convicted in Louisiana on Nov. 6, 2021 on two counts of indecent behavior with a juvenile who is 15 years old. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
https://m.youtube.com/c/iorbitnews