The Angeles City LGU will start vaccination of children aged 12-17 on November 5-15 under the “Protektado Bakunado” campaign against COVID-19.
The city government has already announced the schedule and guidelines of ‘Sundo Bakuna sa Barangay’ for Angeleño children on November 3.
Angeles City Mayor Carmelo “Pogi” Lazatin Jr. has ramped up the city’s vaccination program to include minors starting on Friday in preparation for the possible limited face-to-face classes in 2022.
The City Information Office of Angeles City reminded Angeleños of the guidelines to follow for the vaccination of minors. Children must be accompanied by their parents or guardian in their scheduled vaccination. If the parent or guardian who has not yet received a vaccine shot, will also get it on the same day.
Those who will avail of the vaccines should also observe health and security protocols such as wearing a face mask and face shield.
Mayor Lazatin has deployed six Philippine Rabbit buses and 10 jeepneys for the ‘Sundo Bakuna sa Barangay’ to fetch families in the 33 barangays of Angeles City. Vaccination are being done at the City College of Angeles and the Angeles City National High School.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has earlier commended the Angeles City government led by Mayor Lazatin for the success of the ‘Ronda Bakuna.’
World Health Organization (WHO) representative and Surveillance Officer Dr. Yohannes D. Getahun said the blended vaccination program of the Angeles City LGU “is a very good strategy to bring the vaccines closer to the community.”
Here are the following things to bring to the vaccination site:
1. Parent/Guardian’s proof of filiation (Birth Certificate from Philippine Statistics Authority or Local Civil Registrar, Baptismal Certificate, or PhilHealth documents).
2. Parent/Guardian’s valid government IDs.
3. Medical Clearance from the child’s attending doctor if the child has comorbidity.
4. Prescription of medication if the child has drug maintenance.
5. Special Power of Attorney that states permission of the child to get vaccinated if the parents are overseas or can’t accompany their child in their scheduled vaccination.
6. If solo parent, present a Solo Parent Identification Card from City Social Welfare Development Office.
7. PWD ID if the child is a person with a disability.
8. Court Decree of Adoption if the child is adopted.
Here are the following schedule for Sundo Bakuna sa Barangay:
(Photo credit to City Information Office of Angeles City)
– John Leslie P. Layug