At least six have died while another 1,290 individuals had been infected by the mosquito-borne dengue in Bulacan province from January to May this year.
Dr. Hjordis Marushca Celis, Provincial Public Health Officer II of Bulacan said the dengue cases had been recorded by the Provincial Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit (PESU) from January 1 up to May 27.
It said it was 41% lower compared to the 2,195 cases, recorded in the same period last year. Four have died in the same period.
The dengue cases had been recorded in Barangays Kaypian, Muzon and Sto. Cristo in the City of San Jose del Monte; Barangay Lawa at Pandayan in Meycauayan City; Lambakin and Nagbalon in Marilao town; Poblacion in Pandi; and San Mateo in Norzagaray.
Bulacan Governor Daniel Fernando urged the public to be vigilant against the mosquito-borne disease telling residents to maintain cleanliness.
“Patuloy po tayo mag-ingat at huwag magpakampante dahil bukod sa dengue ay andyan pa rin ang COVID-19, sundin natin ang mga mahahalagang anunsyo mula sa mga lokal na pamahalaan at Department of Health (DOH) upang masugpo ito,” said Fernando.